To apply for this position, please submit your resume and salary requirements to HR@trionfo.com
The Database Administrator is responsible for designing, developing, testing, implementing, maintaining, documenting, and supporting production databases and data dictionaries in compliance with application specifications. Additionally, this position will monitor daily database activities including performance, growth, tuning, patching and security configurations. They will oversees the delivery of database applications by developing the architecture and structure, programming, troubleshooting, and security.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and maintain database results by setting and enforcing standards and controls.
• Maintain database systems.
• Establish database standards for operations, upgrades, migrations and onboarding new applications and/or clients.
• Write clear, concise, well organized technical documentation to maintain standards and procedures.
• Advise on best practices for data management and reporting standards.
• Prepares for database expansion by studying plans and requirements; advising senior technical management; coordinating design and programming.
• Manages the development of database projects.
• Keeps senior technical management informed by preparing reports on system performance and problems.
• Upgrades hardware and software by assessing transaction processing and database production options.
• Maintains database performance by troubleshooting problems.
• Accomplishes platform upgrades and improvements by supervising system programming.
• Translate business requirements into practical database designs and development plans for execution by the DBA team.
• Build and maintain a Data Warehouse that can accommodate current and future requirements.
• Oversee dashboard and reporting needs.
• Implement best practices to ensure optimal performance, scalability, stability, and security for all database technologies.
• Provide methodologies to ensure data integrity, consistency, and quality through continuous operational monitoring and audits.
• Responsible for all BC/DR procedures ensuring swift recovery of any lost data; troubleshoots and communicates database issues to stakeholders in an accurate and timely manner.
• Ability to quickly diagnose the problem areas and come up with solutions and/or workaround.
• Strong time management skills with willingness and ability to handle multiple projects/initiatives at the same time.
• Responsibilities and tasks outlined in this document are not exhaustive and may change as determined by the needs of the company.
Education, Experience and Other Skills:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a similar field preferred.
• 3-5 years of practical DBA experience.
• 3+ years of Data Warehousing experience.
• Self-motivated with strong team, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Experienced in PostgreSQL, Redshift, or similar technologies.
• Experienced in SQL Databases, NoSQL Databases, Data Warehousing, Data Caching, ETL, Dashboarding, and Reporting.
• Strong leadership and mentoring skills.
• Lead teams and gain consensus.
• Analyze, draw conclusions and create solutions to complex problems.
• Superb organizational skills.
• A calm and focused approach to high-pressure situations.
• The ability to be receptive and action-oriented in response to constructive feedback.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship. APPLY NOW